Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Emerson Telephone Exchange Building (15 Main Street, Emerson, Municipality of Emerson-Franklin)

This small brick building on Main Street in Emerson was designed by architect Alexander D. Melville and erected in 1928 for the Manitoba Telephone System. It was vacant at the time of a 2020 site visit.

Telephone Exchange Building at Emerson

Telephone Exchange Building at Emerson (April 2020)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.00646, W97.21541
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

MHS Centennial Business: Manitoba Government Telephones / Manitoba Telephone System / MTS Allstream / Bell MTS

Sources:

“Tenders,” Manitoba Free Press, 18 July 1928, page 17.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 27 March 2022

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.