Historic Sites of Manitoba: Darwin Station School No. 1950 (RM of Whitemouth)
The Darwin Station School District was established in January 1919 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NW24-11-12E in the Rural Municipality of Whitemouth. The district was dissolved in 1966. No vestige of the former school building remains at the site.
Among the teachers who worked at Darwin Station School through the years were Curtis Wendeborn (1920-1925), Eva Schwartz (1930), Robert Monro (1935), Mary Williams (1940), and Agatha Wiebe (1945).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Trails to Rails to Highways edited by Bob Porth and Craig MacKenzie, Whitemouth Municipal Museum Society, 1979.
We thank Robert Porth for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 16 September 2018
Back to top of page