Historic Sites of Manitoba: Croll School No. 1929 (Municipality of Boissevain-Morton)
A monument in the Municipality of Boissevain-Morton commemorates Croll School No. 1929, which operated at this site from 1918 to 1959. The district was dissolved in 1959 and its catchment area was divided between Elgin Consolidated School District and Primrose School District.
Croll School Commemorative Sign (March 2016)
Source: Glenn Dickson
Site Location (lat/long): N49.35525, W100.20634
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Croll Pioneers Monument / Croll School No. 1929 (Municipality of Boissevain-Morton)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Glenn Dickson and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 March 2016
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.