Historic Sites of Manitoba: Crocus Plains Regional Secondary School (1930 First Street, Brandon)
This secondary school at the intersection of First Street and Richmond Avenue in Brandon was designed by the architectural firm of Ward, Macdonald, Cockburn, McLeod, and McFeetors, and constructed between 1973 and 1974 by Weber Construction Company of Yorkton, Saskatchewan. Its name was based on a suggestion made by Sharon Sharp, a student at Boissevain Collegiate.
Photos & Coordinates
“School named,” Brandon Sun, 27 June 1973, page 3.
“Crocus Plains under construction,” Brandon Sun, 16 August 1973, page 26.
“Trustees to present new proposals,” Brandon Sun, 27 November 1973, page 1.
“Grant for Crocus Plains increased,” Brandon Sun, 15 October 1975, page 2.
“School division shuffles the deck,” Brandon Sun, 11 June 1997, page 2.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 December 2021