This Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada plaque, unveiled in 1947, is located near the southeast entrance the chapel in the south end of Bryce Hall at the University of Winnipeg campus. The plaque highlights the achievements of George Bryce, cleric, educator and author who founded Manitoba College and helped organize the University of Manitoba and the Manitoba Historical Society.
George Bryce commemorative plaque (2010)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.89087, W97.15285
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: George Bryce (1844-1931)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Plaques for Persons, Events and Sites of National Historic Significance
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 15 August 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.