This three-storey brick building on Eleventh Street in Brandon was designed by Winnipeg architect Frank R. Evans and built in 1917 using, in part, a $10,000 bequest from the estate of Brandon businessman Henry Meredith. In 2002, it was named Meredith Place in his memory.
MHS Centennial Organization: Brandon YWCA
Memorable Manitobans: Frank Robert Evans (1865-1949)
Memorable Manitobans: Henry Meredith (1844-1917)
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 21 December 2019
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.