Built in 1911 by local contractor Thomas M. Harrington, the former Canadian Pacific Railway station on Pacific Avenue in Brandon is now a provincially-designated historic site. It is used as office space for a local immigrants service agency.
The former Canadian Pacific Railway station at Brandon (October 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Rear of the former Canadian Pacific Railway station at Brandon (May 2018)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.84962, W99.95146
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Thomas M. Harrington (1847-1937)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Provincially Designated Historic Sites
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Railway Stations
We thank George Penner for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 12 January 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.