Historic Sites of Manitoba: Beulah School No. 162 (Beulah, Municipality of Prairie View)
A metal sign marks the former site of Beulah School in what is now the Municipality of Prairie View. Established formally in February 1882, a school operated here from 1883 to 1911, when it was moved into Beulah immediately to the northwest. Two years later, it became part of the Miniota Consolidated School District No. 680. In 1921, a four-classroom brick structure was constructed on a design by Winnipeg architect E. D. Tuttle. The Beulah School building was later moved to Birtle by the Birdtail River School Division for use as additional classroom space at Birtle School.
Photos & Coordinates
“Teachers at the convention,” Brandon Sun, 15 October 1920, page 6.
“Tenders for Beulah School,” Manitoba Free Press, 11 April 1921, page 14.
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 February 2021