After the Belleview School closed in 1969, the building was moved to this site in the village of Pipestone in the Rural Municipality of Pipestone, near the monument for Pipestone School.
The former Belleview School (circa 1986)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 1053.
Belleview School building in Pipestone (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.55893, W100.94689
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Belleview School No. 598 (RM of Sifton)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 July 2017
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.