Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Zink’s Grocery Store (361 First Street, Brandon)

In 1932, Albert Zink opened this grocery store in Brandon’s east end, operating it until his retirement in 1980, shortly before his death in March 1981. The building, a municipally designated historic site, was refurbished in 1999 as a tea room.

Zink's Grocery Store

Zink’s Grocery Store (October 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.84389, W99.93891
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites

Sources:

Zink’s Grocery Store, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 27 June 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.