This three-storey brick building on Rosser Avenue in Brandon was designed by local architect Walter Henderson Shillinglaw and built in 1902 for shoe merchant brothers William Zink (1855-?) and Jacob E. Zink (1859-?). Sold in 1919, it then hosted Knowlton’s Boot Shop. Other businesses that have occupied the building through the years incude grocers Smith and Burton, jeweller William Edward Crawford, and Lucette's Hat Shop.
Memorable Manitobans: Walter Henderson Shillinglaw (1864-1957)
Memorable Manitobans: William Edward Crawford (1865-1947)
1901 and 1911 Canada censuses, Automated Genealogy.
825-829 Rosser Avenue, Heritage Brandon.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 18 July 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.