Historic Sites of Manitoba: Windsor School No. 2067 (RM of Portage la Prairie)
The Windsor School District was formally established in April 1921 and a schoolhouse operated in southwest corner of SW36-10-4W in the Rural Municipality of Portage la Prairie. In April 1967, the district was dissolved and the catchment area was incorporated into the White Horse Plains School Division.
Among the teachers of Windsor School were Maurice Hillman (1922-1923) and Mary Crain (1923-?).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
School division half-yearly attendance reports (E 0757), Archives of Manitoba.
School division and school district formation files (E 0027), Windsor School District No. 2067, GR1688, Archives of Manitoba.
This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.
Page revised: 21 December 2019
Back to top of page