Established in 1895, adjacent to the Windsor Presbyterian Church, this cemetery is situated in the Rural Municipality of Rockwood. Its congregation merged with that of Gunton Methodist Church to form Gunton Union Church.
Windsor Cemetery (June 2021)
Source: George Penner
Windsor Presbyterian commemorative monument (August 2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.34494, W97.27168
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Gunton Methodist Church / Gunton United Church (Gunton, RM of Rockwood)
100 Years of History, Rockwood Municipality by Rockwood Municipality History, 1982, page 88.
A list of burials in this cemetery is available from the Manitoba Genealogical Society, including a searchable online database available to members at the MGS Manitoba Name Index (MANI). Some additional information is contained in the 1996 MGS publication Carved in Stone: Manitoba Cemeteries and Burial Sites, revised edition, Special Projects Publication, 106 pages.
We thank George Penner for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 8 June 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!