This concrete-block residence in Miami, in the Rural Municipality of Thompson, was built in 1909 by local carpenter Thomas Whitely for pharmacist Mark Westaway. It was later owned by the Charles Needham family.
Westaway House (October 2017)
Source: George Penner
Site Location (lat/long): N49.37210, W98.24082
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Mark Westaway (1868-1942)
MHS Resources: Manitoba Bricks and Blocks
The Hills of Home: A History of the Municipality of Thompson by the Miami History Committee, 1967, page 352.
This page was prepared by George Penner.
Page revised: 1 November 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.