A T-shaped brick building on Waterfront Drive in Winnipeg was constructed in 1951 to provide water for the nearby, now-demolished Amy Street Steam Plant. After closing in 1990, the pumping equipment was removed and the building was renovated for use as office, workshop, and storage space by the city’s harbourmaster.
Waterfront Pump House (June 2007)
Source: Christian Cassidy
Waterfront Pump House (September 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Waterfront Pump House (September 2019)
Source: Rose Kuzina
Site Location (lat/long): N49.89877, W97.13193
denoted by symbol on the map above
“Invitation for Expressions of Interest,” City of Winnipeg, EOI#679-2006.
333 Waterfront Drive - Harbour Master Hotel, Winnipeg Downtown Places.
Page revised: 28 March 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!