This small, one-storey brick building along Manitoba Highway #330 in the Rural Municipality of Morris was designed by architect Robert Bryan Ross and constructed around 1952 to house “J” Carrier Repeaters, a component of the Trans-Canada Telecommunications System. During the 1950s, the equipment inside the building was owned and operated by the Manitoba Telephone System. Its electrical service has been disconnected and the building is presently used for storage.
Memorable Manitobans: Robert Bryan Ross (1908-1983)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Abandoned Manitoba
MHS Centennial Business: Manitoba Government Telephones / Manitoba Telephone System / MTS Allstream / Bell MTS
We thank Ralph Groening and Larry Driedger for assistance in locating this site, and Jim Hicks for providing additional information about it.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 8 June 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.