This six-storey brick building in Winnipeg’s Exchange District was designed by local architect James H. Cadham and built between 1905 and 1906 for businessman James Tees and John Persse. It was later integrated into the Princess Street Campus of Red River College. In 2003, the municipally-designated historic building received a Conservation Award from Heritage Winnipeg.
Memorable Manitobans: James Tees (1854-1906)
Memorable Manitobans: John Thomas Blundell Persse (1861-1927)
Memorable Manitobans: James Henry Cadham (1850-1907)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 31 March 2018
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.