Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Peter’s School No. 1031 / Hoffman Family Cemetery (RM of Morris)
The St. Peter’s School District was formally established in July 1899 and a school building operated in the southwest quarter of 23-4-1 west of the Principal Meridian, in the Rural Municipality of Morris. The district was dissolved in 1959 and henceforth students from this area went to Lowe Farm Consolidated School No. 2377. In September 2015, a sign commemorating the school was erected at the site.
A small cemetery near the site of the school contains members of the family of Juliana Hoffman.
Cummin’s Rural Directory Map for Manitoba published by the Cummins Map Company, 404 Chambers of Commerce, Winnipeg, 1923. [Copies held by Edward M. Ledohowski and Gordon Goldsborough]
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Aerial photograph A11637-95 , Manitoba Air Photo Library.
We thank Mariette Allen and Christine Johnston for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 26 October 2022