Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church (Elva, RM of Arthur)
This monument in the village of Elva, in the Rural Municipality of Arthur, marks the former site of St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church. Built in 1909 on a design by Brandon architect Thomas Sinclair, the church is no longer present at the site. The monument was unveiled on 30 August 1970.
St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church Monument (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.21751, W101.11736
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Thomas Sinclair (1877-1913)
Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Canada, 1800-1950 by Robert G. Hill, Toronto.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 6 October 2012
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.