On this site facing Victoria Avenue East in Brandon, on the southeast corner of its intersection with First Street, stood the St. Michael’s Roman Catholic Academy. Constructed between 1909 and 1910, it was a senior day and boarding school operated by the Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions. The facility was later used as housing for elderly nuns and was finally demolished. As of 2007, the site is occupied by a residential complex for seniors.
The Sisters of Our Lady of the Missions by Antoine S. Lussier
Volume 23, Number 4, Summer 1978
We thank Tom Mitchell for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 April 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.