Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. George’s Anglican Church (Birtle, Municipality of Prairie View)

This Anglican church at Birtle, in the Municipality of Prairie View, was built between 1955 and 1956, replacing the original 1884 church that had been destroyed by fire on 6 March 1955. The first service was held on 22 April 1956 and the building was formally consecrated on 5 July 1959.

Among the clerics of St. George’s Anglican Church was Edmund Charles Radiger [Radigar] Pritchard (1901-1906).

St. George’s Anglican Church

St. George’s Anglican Church (March 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.42097, W101.05144
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 27 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.