Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 140 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Endangered Top 10
Endangered
Top 10
2019

Manitoba History No. 89
Manitoba
History

No. 89

Summer Field Trip 2019
MHS
Summer
Field Trip

Fall Field Trip 2019
MHS
Fall
Field Trip

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ste. Agathe School No. 974 (Ste. Agathe, RM of Ritchot)

Link to:
Principals | Vice-Principals | Teachers | Photos & Coordinates | Sources

The Ste. Agathe School District was established in May 1898. A schoolhouse operated on Lot 567 of the Parish of Ste. Agathe in the Rural Municipality of Ritchot. The district was dissolved in 1960 and its area became part of the Ste. Agathe Consolidated School District.

Principals

Period

Principal

1920-1921

Sister Victoria Thibault

1921-1922

Sister O. Vannier

1922-1928

Sister Victoria Thibault

1928-1929

Sister Mathilda Fortier

1929-1931

Sister Elodie Daneault

1931-1940

Sister Elisa Marion

1940-1945

Sister Adela Gauthier

1945-1947

Sister Albina Bleau

1947-1948

Sister Jane R. Jacob

1948-1954

Sister M. Charles Rene

1954-1959

Beatrice Bedard [Sister Elizabeth St. Joseph] (c1893-1983)

1959-1961

Sister Paul de la Croix

1961-1965

Sister Marcelle A. Lemaire

1965-1968

James L. St. Vincent

1968-1971

Sister Pauline Saurette

1971-1973

Alice M. Labelle

Teachers

No information.

Photos & Maps

Ste. Agathe School

Ste. Agathe School (no date) by A. A. Herriot
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 33.

Site Location (lat/long): N49.56715, W97.18316
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.

St. Adolphe East topographic map, 62H/11 East, Edition 2 ASE, 1958, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 13 January 2015

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2019 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.