Clerics | Photos & Coordinates | Sources
The cornerstone of this Anglican church in Carberry was laid in a ceremony on 27 August 1902 by Manitoba Premier Rodmond Palen Roblin and construction was undertaken by local businessman James White. It was officially completed in February 1903 and opened by Reverend Samuel Pritchard Matheson. It sits opposite the Carberry United Church.
Photos & Coordinates
Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Agnes Anglican Church Manse (Selkirk Street, Carberry)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carberry Methodist Church / Carberry United Church (608 Third Avenue, Carberry)
The Carberry Plains: 75 Years of Progress. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.C36 Car]
We thank George Penner and Glen Toews for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 15 July 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.