Historic Sites of Manitoba: Seeburn School No. 452 (RM of Silver Creek)
The Seeburn School District was established in July 1885 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW4-20-26W in the Rural Municipality of Silver Creek. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its area was added to the Angus School District. It later became part of the Pelly Trail School Division.
Among the teachers who worked at Seeburn School was Mary Hamilton (1885).
Binscarth East topographic map, 62K/11 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Ripples On The Lake: A History of Shoal Lake Municipality, 1884-1984 by Shoal Lake History Book Committee, 1984.
We thank Malcolm Bell for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 23 December 2014
Back to top of page