Historic Sites of Manitoba: Scott Park / Jae Eadie Park (125 Parkside Drive, Winnipeg)

Located between Assiniboine School, Parkside Drive, Riverbend Crescent, and the Assiniboine River in St. James, development of this public green space was started around 1955 by the St. James Parks Board. Formerly known as Scott Park, this Winnipeg park was renamed in honour of Winnipeg City Councillor Jae Eadie in 2011.

Jae Eadie Park

Jae Eadie Park (October 2014)
Source: Nathan Kramer

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.87690, W97.20879
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: William Jae Eadie (1947-2024)


“Room left for play in development of community,” Winnipeg Free Press, 9 April 1955, page 24.

Standing Policy Committee on Protection, Community Services and Parks Regular Meeting Minutes (Reports - 107), 30 May 2011, City of Winnipeg Clerks Decision Making Information System.

“Parks to be renamed after former councillors,” Winnipeg Free Press (The Metro), 18 May 2011.

This page was prepared by Nathan Kramer.

Page revised: 4 May 2024

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.

Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!