Historic Sites of Manitoba: Sarahville School No. 680 (Municipality of Prairie View)
This monument near Miniota in the Municipality of Prairie View marks the original site of Sarahville School, built in 1892 after a school district was established in August 1891. In April 1913, Sarahville became the basis for Miniota Consolidated School No. 680 in Miniota, which united it with Beulah School No. 162 and Miniota School No. 389.
Among the teachers of Sarahville School was William Shepherd (1897).
“The Indian famine fund,” Winnipeg Tribune, 4 March 1897, page 4.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 April 2018
Back to top of page