A fenced and grassed site in the Rural Municipality of Morris is the former school grounds of the Rosenhoff South School. It closed in 1965 and the building was moved to the site of the Rosenhoff North School for use as a third classroom. A few concrete foundations remain visible here.
Rosenhoff South School (no date) by A. J. Manning
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-1, page 21.
Former site of the Rosenhoff South School (March 2012)
Source: Lorne Thompson, RM of Morris
Rosenhoff South School commemorative sign (November 2019)
Source: Rose Kuzina
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.39937, W97.41035
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Rosenhoff North School No. 61 (Riverside, RM of Morris)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Aerial photograph A11638-8 , Manitoba Air Photo Library.
We thank the Rural Municipality of Morris, Mariette Allen, and Rose Kuzina for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 13 November 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.