Historic Sites of Manitoba: Rosengard School No. 2168 (RM of Hanover)
The Rosengard School District was established in April 1927 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE12-6-5E in the Rural Municipality of Hanover. In 1968, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Hanover School Division. A commemorative sign at the site was erected in 2013 by the EastMenn Historical Society.
Among the teachers who worked at Rosengard School through the years were: Peter J. Rempel, Lena Giesbrecht, A. P. Dirks, Jacob J. Penner, Margaret Klassen, Evelyn Wiens, Diana J. Toews, Henry Toews, Peter U. Dueck, Tiena Warkentin, William K. Schellenberg, Marianne Brandt (1959-1961), N. Nickell, Jacob P. Rempel, Caroll Penner, Betty Falk, Miss E. Reimer, Sara Rosenfeld, and Alice Bartel.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Schools - Our Heritage: From 46 School Districts to Hanover Unitary School Division (1878-1968) by John K. Schellenberg, The Board of The Hanover School Division No. 15, May 1985, ISBN 0-919673-93-7.
We thank Glen Klassen, Ernest Braun, and Henry Esau for providing information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 5 October 2018
Back to top of page