The Rosehill School District was established formally in June 1883. A one-classroom schoolhouse was erected at NE16-4-14W in what is now the Municipality of Cartwright-Roblin. It closed in 1960 and remaining students went to Baldur Consolidated School No. 667. The school building is no longer on the site but a metal sign commemorates it.
Among the teachers who worked at Rosehill School was Albert Buttress (1888).
Rosehill School (no date) by G. H. Robertson
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-1, page 25.
Rosehill School commemorative monument (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.31080, W99.29189
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Chipping Hill School No. 488 (Municipality of North Norfolk)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Thirlstane School No. 483 (Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 25 February 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.