Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Roblin Telephone Exchange Building / Hillsburg Municipal Office (130 Second Avenue NW, Roblin, Municipality of Roblin)

This modest one-storey brick building at Roblin in the Municipality of Roblin was designed by architect Alexander D. Melville and built in 1928 by the Manitoba Telephone System. It was later used as an office by the Rural Municipality of Hillsburg. It is presently used for storage by the Municipality of Roblin.

Former Manitoba Telephone System building at Roblin

Former Manitoba Telephone System building at Roblin (August 2019)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.22949, W101.35407
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Alexander D. Melville (1873-1949)

Sources:

We thank Jordan Makichuk for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 5 July 2022

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.