Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Riding Mountain National Park Monument (Wasagaming, Riding Mountain National Park)

This monument in the Wasagaming community of Riding Mountain National Park was dedicated on 26 July 1933 by Lieutenant Governor of Manitoba James D. McGregor and Minister of the Interior Thomas G. Murphy.

Superintendents

Period

Superintendent

1933-1935

?

1935-1955

Otto Edward Heaslip (1890-1969)

Photos & Coordinates

Riding Mountain National Park monument

Riding Mountain National Park monument (June 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.65862, W99.97091
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Birth Pangs of a National Park by Charles T. Thomas
Manitoba Pageant, Volume 15, Number 1, Winter 1970

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Riding Mountain Visitor Centre (Wasagaming, Riding Mountain National Park)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Riding Mountain East Gate Entrance Complex (Riding Mountain National Park)

Sources:

Obituary [Otto Edward Heaslip], Winnipeg Free Press, 3 June 1969.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 15 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.