Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Richards and Brown Warehouse (132 James Avenue, Winnipeg)

This Winnipeg building was designed by local architect George W. Northwood and built in 1911 for S. Crawford Richards and Arthur H. Brown. It became a municipally-designated historic building in 2018.

Richards and Brown Warehouse

Richards and Brown Warehouse (May 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.89904, W97.13509
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Stanley Crawford Richards (1885-1939)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites

Sources:

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and George Penner.

Page revised: 29 October 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.