Pembina Crossing’s first resident, John E. Adamson, established a small store a few hundred yards from the Boundary Commission Trail’s crossing of the Pembina River. It soon became the Pembina Crossing Post Office and a well-known stopping house. In 1880 the land was purchased for a town site by Reverend L. O. Armstrong, rector of St. Luke’s Church of England in Emerson. The location is situated within the Rural Municipality of Pembina.
The actual crossing point is approximately 200 feet south of the bridge centre.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: St. Luke’s Pembina Crossing Anglican Church and Cemetery (Municipality of Pembina)
The Boundary Commission Trail and the North West Mounted Police: A Review of Site Development Progress by Graham MacDonald
Manitoba History, Number 19, Spring 1990
Dufferin: Then and Now
Manitoba History, Number 23, Spring 1992
Boundary Trail Heritage Region.
This page was prepared by Ed Grassick and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 December 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.