Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Pattison School No. 1376 (RM of Yellowhead)

The Pattison School District was established formally in December 1905 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at 23-16-21W in what is now the Rural Municipality of Yellowhead. The district was dissolved in 1917 and its catchment area was divided between the Newdale Consolidated School District No. 431 and the Strathclair Consolidated School District No. 284.

Pattison School commemorative monument

Pattison School commemorative monument (July 2015)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N50.40261, W100.26459
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 14 April 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.