The Overdale School District was established in May 1889 and a wood frame school building operated at NW34-1-8W in the Rural Municipality of Pembina. It closed in 1964 as students from this area went to Manitou Consolidated School. The district became part of the Pembina Valley School Division.
Among the teachers of Overdale School was Carolyne Alexandra McBean.
Overdale School (no date) by G. G. Neufeld
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-1, page 91.
Overdale School sign at the former building site (June 2013)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.08903, W98.45977
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 24 December 2017
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.