Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: British American Grain Elevator (Orrville, RM of Minto-Odanah)

A 25,000-bushel wooden grain elevator at the railway siding of Orrville, on the CNR Rossburn Subdivision, in what is now the Rural Municipality of Minto-Odanah, was built sometime before 1912 for the British American Elevator Company. Its existence was short-lived, being gone by 1918. Concrete foundations were still visible at the time of a 2013 site visit.

Concrete foundation for the British American Grain Elevator at Orrville

Concrete foundation for the British American Grain Elevator at Orrville (October 2013)
Source: Ken Storie

Concrete foundation for the British American Grain Elevator at Orrville

Concrete foundation for the British American Grain Elevator at Orrville (October 2013)
Source: Ken Storie

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.27320, W99.67772
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Orrville Railway Bridge (Orrville, RM of Minto-Odanah)

Sources:

This page was prepared by Ken Storie and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 10 September 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.