Historic Sites of Manitoba: Mulvihill School No. 1584 (Mulvihill, RM of Grahamdale)
The Mulvihill School District was established formally in September 1911 and a schoolhouse operated in Mulvihill in the Rural Municipality of Grahamdale. The original building was overcrowded by 1928 so a second one-room building was constructed. A third two-classroom school was built in 1940. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its catchment area became part of the Lakeshore School Division. Nothing remained at the time of a 2014 site visit.
Among the other teachers of Mulvihill School were Miss Blanche Trudel (1911), Miss Thorsteinson (1930), Howard Smith (1937), Agnes Brownlee “Lee” Brown (1938), Marg Crawford (1940), Miss Smith (1940), Beulah Park (1941), Marie Heuchert (1940-1941), Esther Pearl Smith (1941-1942), Edith Ruth Hodgkinson (1945-1947), John Suderman (1948-1949), Leona Emily Martini (1949-1950), Anne Marie Craffin? (1950-1951), Irene Ann Krupnik (1952-1953), Morgan H. Brown (1953-1954), Peter Unger Dueck (1955), Pauline Johnson (1955-1957), Doris J. Ferguson (1957-1958), Ernest W. Roehl (1958-1959), Elaine M.? G. Neely (1959-1960), B. Allan Thompson (1960-1961), Judy Ann Weselowski Halldorson (1961-1962), Lancelot William Stephens (1962), Josephine Sinclair (1963-1964), and Dorothy M. Blue (1965-1966).
Photos & Coordinates
Eriksdale East topographic map, 62J/16 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba School Records Collection, Mulvihill School District No. 1584 Daily Registers, GR3613, Archives of Manitoba.
Manitoba School Records Collection, Mulvihill School District No. 1584 Daily Registers, GR11220, Archives of Manitoba.
Beyond Beginnings by Eriksdale Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee, 1996, pages 68-69.
Page revised: 29 May 2021