The Mossvale School District was organized formally in December 1935 and a school building was erected in the southeast quarter of 29-25-25 west of the Principal Meridian, in what is now the Municipality of Grandview. The district was dissolved in 1967 and the remaining students went to Grandview Consolidated School No. 2447. The former school building was renovated as a private residence and is now situated at N51.22895, W100.44027. Only its shelterbelt of trees remains at the original site.
Former Mossvale School site (June 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
The former Mossvale School building (circa 1986)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 479.
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N51.18460, W100.93150
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Maureen Harris for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 29 January 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!