Historic Sites of Manitoba: Moose Meadow School No. 2241 (RM of La Broquerie)
The Moose Meadow School District was established formally in December 1933 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SW5-4-8E in the Rural Municipality of La Broquerie. The district was dissolved in 1967 and its catchment area became part of the St. Joachim Consolidated School District No. 2378 and later the Seine River School Division.
Among the teachers of Moose Meadow School were Miss Loretta “Rita” Harrison (1934-1938, 1940) and Leslie Loewen (1952).
Marchand West topographic map, 62H/8 West, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
History of Marchand and Manitoba Dairy Farms by William Davenport, Manitoba Dairy Farms Limited Fonds, P7039/21, Archives of Manitoba.
A Boy, A Farm, A Dream by Cynthia J. Faryon, La Broquerie: Prairie Gold Publishing, 2008, pages 91-94.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 15 June 2017
Back to top of page