Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: McGuire House (387 William Street, Winnipeg)

This two-storey brick residence on William Street in Winnipeg was built in 1887 for P. McGuire although it is believed that he never lived in it. Tenants included biscuit manufacturer John Hudson Chambers (1891), bookkeeper W. A. Walker (1894), contractor James Gerald Latimer (1898), J. W. Barber, a traveller for the Northern Elevator Company, and baker John McKee.

McGuire House

McGuire House (March 2018)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.90095, W97.14501
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: John Hudson Chambers (1846-1924)

Memorable Manitobans: James Gerald Latimer (1842-1927)

Sources:

P. McGuire House, 387 William Street by Murray Peterson, Peterson Projects, February 2009.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 9 August 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.