This building on Market Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by local architectural firm of Hooper and Walker, and constructed in 1905 for the US-based Marshall-Wells hardware company. Extended in 1906, four additional floors were added in 1912 by the construction firm of Carter-Halls-Aldinger. It became a municipally-designated heritage building in May 1987.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Marshall Wells Warehouse (123 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: International Laboratories Building (490 Des Meurons Street, Winnipeg)
Marshall-Wells Hardware Warehouse, 136 Market Avenue, Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, 8 January 1987.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 20 May 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.