Historic Sites of Manitoba: MacNamara Hall and Sister Geraldine MacNamara Plaque (Spence Street, Winnipeg)
MacNamara Hall is located on the University of Winnipeg campus on the west side of Spence Street. This plaque, located at the centrally-place tower, honours Sister Geraldine MacNamara, an advocate for inner-city residents and founder of Rossbrook House.
MacNamara Hall and Sister Geraldine MacNamara Plaque (2010)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Location (lat/long): N49.89143, W97.15423
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Geraldine MacNamara (1938-1984)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Sister MacNamara School (460 Sargent Avenue, Winnipeg)
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 15 April 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.