A 25,000-bushel grain elevator in Lyleton, in the Municipality of Two Borders, was built in 1926 and operated by the Paterson Grain Company. A 20,000-bushel balloon annex was built beside it in 1940. A 26,000-bushel crib annex was added in 1953. All were removed from the site by 2008.
Aerial view of the grain elevators at Lyleton (1980s)
Source: Manitoba Pool Collection, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.05819, W101.17503
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Lyleton, Municipality of Two Borders)
Digital orthophotographs, Manitoba Land Initiative, Government of Manitoba.
Paterson Grain Brief, Reg Forbes Collection, 17-2002, Series II, Box 4, Grain Handling and Transportation Commission, Area 2 - Waskada 1011, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 June 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!