Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ludlow Court Apartments (141 River Avenue, Winnipeg)

Designed by local architect N. M. Moffat, and constructed in 1906 by contractor A. B. Anderson for lumber dealer James Harkness Ludlow, the Ludlow Court building was an early example of a luxury block, built in Winnipeg’s rapidly growing Fort Rouge area. The Ludlow family occupied one of the ground-floor suites until the 1970s. The building is a municipally-designated historic site.

Ludlow Court Apartments

Ludlow Court Apartments (May 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.88330, W97.13440
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites

Sources:

Ludlow Court Apartments (141 River Avenue), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, April 2005.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 2 January 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.