Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lidcliff Hall Monument (RM of Riding Mountain West)

The Lidcliff Hall, built in 1925 at this site in what is now the Rural Municipality of Riding Mountain West, served as a meeting place for church services, plays, fowl suppers, card parties, dances, showers, and socials. School concerts were also held for the combined school districts of Lidford, Clifford, and Jellicoe. Due to a dwindling population and high upkeep costs, the hall was closed in December 1996. The building was sold and removed, replaced with a commemorative monument.

Lidcliff Hall

Lidcliff Hall (no date)
Source: Lidcliff Hall Monument

Lidcliff Hall commemorative monument

Lidcliff Hall commemorative monument (June 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.63834, W101.13662
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Lidcliff Reflections, 1881-1982 by the Lidcliff History Club, circa 1982.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 13 February 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.