Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ambroise-Didyme Lépine Plaques (Upper Fort Garry, Winnipeg)
These Historic Sites Advisory Board of Manitoba plaques (French and English text) are located north of the Upper Fort Garry Gate, the last remaining piece of the Hudson’s Bay Company post built 1835-1850, found south of the present-day intersection of Main Street and Broadway in downtown Winnipeg. It describes the life of Métis leader A.-D. Lépine, who was prominent in the Red River Resistance of 1869.
Ambroise-Didyme Lépine plaques with the Manitoba Club in the background (June 2017)
Source: City of Winnipeg
Site Location (lat/long): N49.88810, W97.13527
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Ambroise Didyme Lépine (1840-1923)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Upper Fort Garry (130 Main Street, Winnipeg)
Information for this page was provided by The City of Winnipeg’s Planning, Property and Development Department, which acknowledges the contribution of the Government of Manitoba through its Heritage Grants Program.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 5 June 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.