Historic Sites of Manitoba: Kinsmore Cemetery / Kinsmore School No. 371 (RM of Wallace-Woodworth)
Inside this cemetery in the Rural Municipality of Wallace-Woodworth is a fieldstone monument commemorating pioneers of the Kinsmore district, Kinsmore School No. 371 (1885-1913) which later consolidated with Lenore School No. 628, and Kinsmore Church (1907-1934).
Among the teachers who worked at Kinsmore School were Miss Kerr, Miss Hattie Parr, Mr. Kemlo, Miss Lesley, A. J. Bell, and Arthur Irvine (1913).
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Lenore and Districts Homecoming, 1906-1979, Lenore School Homecoming Committee, circa 1980. [Copy held by Ed Arndt]
We thank Garry Draper for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 March 2017
Back to top of page