A monument in the village of Kaleida, in the Rural Municipality of Pembina, commemorates Kaleida School No. 433 (which operated from 1886 to 1965, after which students went to Manitou Consolidated School No. 314), Kaleida Baptist Church (1905 to 1951), Kaleida Methodist Church (1905 to 1949), and Kaleida United Church (1949 to 1987).
Kaleida School and Churches commemorative monument (2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Kaleida School (circa 1911)
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspector Photos GR2664, C65.
Kaleida School (no date) by G. G. Neufeld
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-1, page 54.
Site Location (lat/long): N49.13006, W98.46912
denoted by symbol on the map above
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 November 2018
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.