This house was built from 1904 to 1906 on a design by Brandon architect William A. Elliott, for hardware merchant Edwin H. Johnson, whose family lived here for the next 72 years. The front door is original to the house and much of its interior woodwork has been retained on the main floor. It is a municipally-designated historic site.
Johnson House (October 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.84276, W99.94747
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Johnson House, 446 - 7th Street, Brandon, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 30 October 2012
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.