Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 140 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Endangered Top 10
Endangered
Top 10
2019

Jens Munk at Churchill
Field Trip:
Churchill
2020

Manitoba History No. 89
Manitoba
History

No. 89

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Inverness School No. 475 (Letellier, RM of Montcalm)

Link to:
Principals | Vice-Principals | Teachers | Photos & Coordinates | Sources

The Inverness School District operated a school in the village of Letellier, in the Rural Municipality of Montcalm. The two-storey wood frame structure is no longer present at the site.

Principals

Period

Principal

1919-1920

Mary Furlong

1920-1937

Eleanor Page (1890-1974)

1937-1944

Sister Berthe Cadieux

1944-1945

Sister M. Madeleine

1945-1946

Eva Letourneau

1946-1949

Sister M. Madeleine

1949-1950

Sister M. St. Felicien

1950-1951

Eleanor Page (1890-1974)

1951-1954

Sister Berthe Cadieux

1954-1956

Sister M. St. Hubert

1956-1957

Gaeton Comer

1957-1958

Sister M. St. Hubert

1958-1959

Sister M. St. Bernard

1959-1960

Sister M. St. Henri

Teachers

No information.

Photos & Maps

Inverness School

Aerial view of Letellier with Inverness School in the lower, right foreground (no data)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough, 2015-0046

Inverness School

Inverness School (no date) by A. A. Herriot
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-1, page 68.

Inverness School

Inverness School (1968)
Source: Archives of Manitoba, Architectural Survey - Letellier 1.

Inverness School

Inverness School building (circa 1986)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 707.

Inverness School

Inverness School building (circa 1986)
Source: Historic Resources Branch, Public School Buildings Inventory, slide 705.

Site Location (lat/long): N49.13744, W97.30032
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

A Study of Public School Buildings in Manitoba by David Butterfield, Historic Resources Branch, Manitoba Department of Culture, Heritage and Tourism, 1994, 230 pages.

We thank Lucille Emond for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 27 March 2015

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2019 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.